Old July 19th 19, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default 4G on the tube

On 19/07/2019 15:52, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/07/2019 11:09, John Williamson wrote:
On 19/07/2019 07:41, Roland Perry wrote:
A spin-off from the 4g replacement for Airwave, it says. Which could
mean only EE customers will benefit. [Heigh ho, another reason for
getting a dual-SIM phone].

Or another reason not to go for EE. ;-)

Especially not at 15p for a text message, when I can send one for 2p on O2.

I think, for a lot of people, WhatsApp has replaced testing. And on Virgin
(perhaps others, too?), WhatsApp data is free. And texts themselves are
also free on any monthly contract.

Inclusive, not free. And for anyone on a low income, £10 a month is a
lot of money which could better be spent on other things, like food or
electricity. Which is why PAYG with no requirement to regularly top up
is essential.

--
Ria in Aberdeen