Old July 20th 19, 12:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was coveringfor brother

On 20/07/2019 10:45, Clank wrote:
MissRiaElaine Wrote in message:
You can have one-month rolling contracts, say £10 a month.
Some operators may call it PAYG but it's still a contract as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't touch one with a very long pole.

The difference between 30-day contract, and pay as you go, is very
simple - with PAYG you pay in advance, with the contract you pay
in arrears. (For the calls at least, if not the standing charge
- although these days most calls are covered by the standing
charge anyway so it does become slightly harder to discern the
difference.)

Now that *is* semantics. In all but name, it's a contract. Or equivalent
to one, which amounts to the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned, PAYG is just that. Paying per month is not
paying as you go, it's paying regularly, which is to me a contract. I
pay monthly for my landline/broadband access, but that's as far as I go
with telecomms. I use the landline extensively, so inclusive calls makes
sense. I use the mobile so rarely (for outgoing calls, people seem to
think I don't have a landline, so always ring me on the mobile, go
figure) that it is nothing short of idiotic to pay almost as much as I
do for the landline for it.

--
Ria in Aberdeen