Old July 21st 19, 06:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 20:25:14 on Sat, 20 Jul
2019, Clank remarked:
Roland Perry Wrote in message:

There is no "contract" in the mobile phone sense.

I admit it's a long time since I studied contract law, but I don't
remember "a mobile phone sense" being one of the criteria the law
uses to determine if a contract exists. They were all boring
things like offer, acceptance, intent to deal and other such
boring stuff.

A contract either is or it isn't. I have two SIMs in my phone
right now - one is PAYG, one is a contract. The latter is an
automatically renewing 30-day contract, but that doesn't make it
any less of a contract.

What we are actually trying to do is find non-confusing names for
post-pay PAYG subscriptions.

Even a pre-pay PAYG is a contract (in the legal sense) because you pay
them (say) £10 and they are contractually bound to provide you with
certain telecoms services (be that until the balance expires at the end
of the month, or until it's all used up, or whatever the T&C say)

To complicate things further, the first mobile contract I had was
paid monthly in advance for the "rental and bundle" with "out of
bundle" calls paid monthly in arrears.

That is literally exactly what I said.

You introduced yet another bit of non-standard terminology: "standing
charge".