Old July 21st 19, 12:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train wascovering for brother

Roland Perry Wrote in message:
A contract either is or it isn't. I have two SIMs in my phone
right now - one is PAYG, one is a contract. The latter is an
automatically renewing 30-day contract, but that doesn't make it
any less of a contract.

What we are actually trying to do is find non-confusing names for post-pay PAYG subscriptions.

But there already is an industry standard (since you love that so
much) name for them: "SIM Only Contract". Which typically come
in varieties such as "30 Day SIM-Only Contract", "12 Month
SIM-Only Contract", etc. (Albeit in this case there is little
value to the longer-than-30day variants.)

Even a pre-pay PAYG is a contract (in the legal sense) because you pay them (say) £10 and they are contractually
bound to provide you with certain telecoms services (be that until the balance expires at the end of the month,
or until it's all used up, or whatever the T&C say)

Actually, that's debatable. It may be that the contract of sale
is exhausted at the moment they credit your account... If the
credits you bought then weren't fit for purpose (because they
stopped accepting then for making calls) or if they just
disappeared with them, other consumer law may apply... But that's
a diversion.

That is literally exactly what I said.
You introduced yet another bit of non-standard terminology: "standing charge"

So non-standard you didn't understand what it meant?

(Actually I'm fairly sure that's what we called it 25 years ago
when I developed a telco's billing system - but if I'm honest
I've mostly tried to block that from my memory. Processing CDRs
to try and calculate whatever the latest impenetrable discount
scheme they've come up with can do bad things to a
man.)