Old July 22nd 19, 02:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 09:23:05 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 19:09:38 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Clank wrote:
MissRiaElaine Wrote in message:
You can have one-month rolling contracts, say £10 a month.
Some operators may call it PAYG but it's still a contract as far as I'm
concerned and I wouldn't touch one with a very long pole.

The difference between 30-day contract, and pay as you go, is very
simple - with PAYG you pay in advance, with the contract you pay
in arrears. (For the calls at least, if not the standing charge
- although these days most calls are covered by the standing
charge anyway so it does become slightly harder to discern the
difference.)

Contract takes its monthly payment automatically until you tell them
otherwise, PAYG requires you to specifically make the payment, surely?
(I’ve never had a payg phone so I can’t be sure)

I think there's some confusion between a phone contract with a legal contract.

Only the c word counts.

PAYG is not a phone contract but is a legal contract for the phone company to
provide you with a service while you still have money on account.

It goes beyond that. Your service is not finally killed off until the
end of the period after which the company will no longer keep your
number on the system. As that is part of the Ts and Cs then your
contract is live until at least the end of that period. If there is no
further obligation then that will be what terminates most contracts
which depend on using the system and/or making a payment before the
end of a specified time period.