Old June 21st 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:25:28 +0100, "PeterE"
wrote in message
:

But is there a proven alternative to speed bumps, round or
flat tops, and the raised platforms our Council are fitting at
each minor road junction?

Yes. No speed humps or platforms.

Or paint or signage.

Guy