Old July 23rd 19, 10:19 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 11:12:58 on Tue,
23 Jul 2019, Natalie Amery remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:32:50 on Mon,
22 Jul 2019, Natalie Amery remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
You can have one-month rolling contracts, say 0 operators may
call it PAYG but it's still a contract as far as I'm
concerned

It's not a contract, and calling it such muddies discussion such as
this.

You do also get one-month rolling contracts that actually are
contacts. I have one with Vodafone.

For the umpteenth time, I would expect that to come within the hybrid
category I've mentioned.

If you can cancel such an arrangement at any time, then in mobile-speak
it's not "a contract". They are much more of a monthly PAYG auto-topup
(rather than a YouveRunOutOfCredit auto-topup).

Maybe you should talk to the nice people at the Vodaphone store about
their use of words then, since the one-month-rolling contract is
otherwise identical to the 12-month lock-in contract (in fact it's the
same terms as the 12-month lock-in contract has after the 12 months
expire).

One fights with marketing people about such things all the time.

(Incidentally, if the two are the same, who on earth would any sane
person sign up to the 12-month minimum version?)