Old July 23rd 19, 03:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was coveringfor brother

On 22/07/2019 10:16, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 19.07.2019 um 00:19 schrieb MissRiaElaine:
On 18/07/2019 22:32, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

I have a landline installed but it’s never had a telephone connected
to it.
In the previous place I lived, I did have a telephone connected, and the
only calls I ever received were for previous users of that number.

If you have a landline, surely it's cheaper to use it for calls than a
mobile..? For us, it's still cheaper to use our landline than a
mobile. As I said, a mobile is an emergency device for us, 99.9% of
the calls we make can wait until we're home.

In Germany, this is not the caseany more.Â* You can have a mobile
contract with free calls and SMS to all German numbers for €6 per month;
an land line with free calls to all German land lines and expensive
calls to German mobiles costs €20 per month.Â* My mother-in-law now has a
mobile instead of a land line in her OAP home.

So how do you get broadband..? *Reliable and fast* mobile broadband is
still some way off, certainly here in the UK.

--
Ria in Aberdeen