Old July 24th 19, 06:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train wascovering for brother

Roland Perry Wrote in message:
Since I always buy my phones unlocked, with cash, I have had this
type of contract (30-day) from Vodafone for *at least* 7 years,
probably more like a decade. If they're "softening up" their
users, they're taking a ****ing long time over it.

Have they always called it a "contract", despite being only for 30days?

Yes.

As an aside, actually you have just prompted me to consider
extending the term to 12 months though, in the interests of
"locking in" the set of free-roaming countries for a year at
least before Brexit... Emergency roaming data is the only reason
I keep that SIM (that and an irrational attachment to a phone
number that's been mine for a couple of decades,) and Vodafone's
roaming deals are actually pretty decent.

The only person making this complicated is you. It's really very
simple - they have two fundamental offers - Contract (post-pay)
and Pay As You Go (pre-pay).

And then there's the hybrid deals which are a bit of both, but mainly PAYG (post-pay).

Please can you provide an example of one of these "hybrid" deals
then? Because I've yet to see one that wasn't just a 30-day
contract.