Old July 24th 19, 06:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train wascovering for brother

Roland Perry Wrote in message:
In message , at 09:13:10 on Wed, 24 Jul 2019, Clank remarked:
Please can you provide an example of one of these "hybrid" deals then?

Virgin pay-monthly.

Huh? What's hybrid about that? I've just checked their site,
it's a bog standard contract. Actually, two contracts, one for
the phone and one for the call plan which is - drumroll - a 30
day contract.

It even says it on their own site FFS. "Our flexible Freestyle
contracts have two parts... One contract for your phone (24 or
36 month) + one contract for your minutes, texts and data (30-day
rolling.)"

(I suspect that separating the phone subsidy loan quite so clearly
from the mobile service contract is Virgin being one step in
front of Ofcom making it mandatory to do so at some point - the
inertia-marketing scam of making customers carry on paying for a
handset long after the actual subsidy was paid off is one of the
unattractive features of the UK mobile market.)