Old July 25th 19, 07:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 19:58:23 on Wed, 24 Jul
2019, Recliner remarked:

I just went to Amazon to look, for my LG phone. A choice of 13 products,
every single one "Currently unavailable".

Presumably because your phone is ancient?

It's only three years old, but a design that's five years old. Sadly it
just missed out having a major Android version change installed from
new.

I'm curious why you bought a new phone with a five year old design? It
must have already been years out of date on the day you got it.

Last time I looked, five minus three equalled two.

I started with a list of features, which included user-changeable
battery[1], Active Dual-SIM[1], 32GB[1] and NFC[2].

And that narrowed the field to a handful of models. 4G was a bonus, but
I so rarely see it even today, it was never a requirement.

The model which replaced it the following year was, by general
consensus, so similar as to be virtually indistinguishable. Apart from
being shipped with Android 5.1.1; the one after that wasn't in
circulation yet (and it turned out only had standby Dual-SIM).

The unforeseen consequence of buying the older, less expensive, model
was they way they never upgraded to Android version. All mainstream apps
work fine, it's just a few where the developers have forgotten about
backwards compatibility.

[1] Let's just take these as read, and not re-debate them
[2] Specifically to examine the data inside travel smartcards.