Old July 28th 19, 11:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was coveringfor brother

On 25/07/2019 07:56, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 23:36:50 on Wed, 24 Jul
2019, bob remarked:
Recliner wrote:
Clank wrote:
Basil Jet Wrote in message:
Thanks for that, but it doesn't change the fact that earphones with a
microphone in the cable *are* a mobile phone accessory.

I use mine with my laptop for Skype/Teams calls and the like as
often as I use them with my phone.Â* (Actually, if it's the
microphone that is suddenly important, far more - I make voice
calls on my phone once in a blue moon.)

Yes, it's probably time to resurrect the old, prematurely-coined, PDA
term
for what we still call phones.

The modern smart phone rolls the functions of PDA, mobile phone and
personal music player together into a single device, onto which is added
internet data connectivity. If you go back and look at the presentation
where Steve Jobs announced the first iPhone he makes a big play on this
bringing together of multiple previous category of devices into a single
thing.

If anything, the iPhone is an iPod-Touch with a phone added.

Given the iPod touch was released later, it's more like an iPhone with
the phone removed.