Old June 22nd 04, 01:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Bushey gap

In article , ()
wrote:

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

Hi all,

According to the OS 1:25000 map, there is a stretch of undeveloped
land by
Larken drive at TQ 142 942. It is perfectly straight and runs both
sides of
Sparrows Herne (the A411). Is it connected with the abortive Northern
Line
extension? Or maybe it was a planned route for the M25?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Go to:

http://www.old-maps.co.uk/

for the first O/S maps series.

Enter Edgware as the place name and then scroll the map down - view at
2 magnification. This shows the original line from Edgware, just follow
it along by scrolling to the right and see if it matches with your
blank spot.

If you want to enter the co-ordinates, they are given on the map as:
Grid Ref: 519761,191861

Roger

Ignore this - I've just re-read it and realise that I misunderstood and
thought you meant the old Mill Hill - Edgware line (TQ206915).

Looking at By Tube Beyond Edgware, the extension effectively joins the
North western Avenue (A41) at the junction with Stanmore Spur Road (A410)
and follows it right to the terminus at Bushey - Elstree Road roundabout -
the junction with the 411. The limit of the extension where it adjoins the
Elstree Road is halfway along the reservoir.(TQ206915)

Roger