Old September 1st 19, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Pumping useful heat out of the Tube

On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 13:11:05 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:53:52 on Sun, 1 Sep 2019,
Graeme Wall remarked:

Train station is an Americanism. Next you'll be wanting me to drop
the u from colour, armour and similar words. No thanks.

Actually train station appears to be a tabloidism, railroad stations
and/or depots seem to be the preferred nomenclature across the pond.

Indeed. It's a British thing, falling into step (oops, I nearly said 'in
line') with Bus Station.

And, to be fair, that's perfectly logical. Bus stations aren't called
road stations, after all. We go to stations to board trains or buses,
not to visit the steel rails or roads. So, although it still grates on
me, I can't really object to Train Station.