Old September 1st 19, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Pumping useful heat out of the Tube

On 01/09/2019 13:11, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:53:52 on Sun, 1 Sep 2019,
Graeme Wall remarked:

Â*Train station is an Americanism. Next you'll be wanting me to drop
the uÂ* from colour, armour and similar words. No thanks.

Actually train station appears to be a tabloidism, railroad stations
and/or depots seem to be the preferred nomenclature across the pond.

Indeed. It's a British thing, falling into step (oops, I nearly said 'in
line') with Bus Station.

Hence the saying, bus stations are where buses stop, train stations are
where trains stop, work stations…

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.