Old September 1st 19, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Pumping useful heat out of the Tube

On Sun, 01 Sep 2019 14:05:01 +0100
Billy No Mates Always On His Own Billy No Mates Always On His Own.usenet@gmail.
com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 12:41:40 +0100, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 31/08/2019 23:36, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , MissRiaElaine
writes

So why do all the roundel signs say Underground..? That's what it's
been known as my whole life and I was born in London even though I
don't live there any more.

Next time you're in London get a map, it's called the TUBE map.

It is now, because some idiot decided to change the name. All the old
maps I saved from my childhood say Underground.

Guess what, there also wasn't a London Overground when you were a
child, even though those same railway lines existed then.

Most of of the Overground is little more than a cynical rebranding exercise.
The only new section is the ELLX and the service on it is a long way short of
being metro service standard. Late trains, large gaps in the service in rush
hour, trains skipping stations, pointlessly slow speeds and acceleration, you
name it, its got it. If you want a nice scenic trip around hipsterville then
its great, if you want to get somewhere quickly then use the tube.