Old September 1st 19, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Pumping useful heat out of the Tube

On 01/09/2019 15:32, Recliner wrote:
On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 14:05:50 +0100, Peter Able wrote:

On 01/09/2019 12:41, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 31/08/2019 23:36, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , MissRiaElaine
writes

So why do all the roundel signs say Underground..? That's what it's
been known as my whole life and I was born in London even though I
don't live there any more.

Next time you're in London get a map, it's called the TUBE map.

It is now, because some idiot decided to change the name. All the old
maps I saved from my childhood say Underground.

Save toner and breath - and call it LT. That was how it was 50 years
ago when I worked for, LT.

LU, surely? LT includes more than the Underground.

Not 50 years ago - and as I explained (shame on you for quoting
selectively) it strengthened morale and never led to ambiguity. LU
sounds like where that morale got flushed down by the "image fetishists"
I never remember seeing an intending rail passenger waiting for that
train at a bus stop - or vice-versa.

Of course, that doesn't mean it never happened...

PA