Old September 1st 19, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Pumping useful heat out of the Tube

Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , Recliner
writes
Peter Able wrote:
On 01/09/2019 15:32, Recliner wrote:
On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 14:05:50 +0100, Peter Able wrote:

On 01/09/2019 12:41, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 31/08/2019 23:36, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , MissRiaElaine
writes

So why do all the roundel signs say Underground..? That's what it's
been known as my whole life and I was born in London even though I
don't live there any more.

Next time you're in London get a map, it's called the TUBE map.

It is now, because some idiot decided to change the name. All the old
maps I saved from my childhood say Underground.

Save toner and breath - and call it LT. That was how it was 50 years
ago when I worked for, LT.

LU, surely? LT includes more than the Underground.

Not 50 years ago

Was LT only the Underground back then? I thought it included the buses. If
not, what was the umbrella organisation called?

As far as I recall LPTB was the umbrella organisation for London Buses
Tube and trams etc. from the 1920s

On Transport Nationalisation in 1948 this became LTE (London Country
Buses & Green Line Buses were excluded)

Might be wrong.

Assuming you're right, and LTE is indeed the parent organisation, what were
the underground railways and buses parts called?

OT I wonder who prefer calling buses Omnibuses their original name.

Yes, I wondered that too. Of course, you still occasionally hear people
talking about charabancs.