Old September 2nd 19, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Pumping useful heat out of the Tube

On 02/09/2019 11:07, Peter Able wrote:

Isn't the key difference that in the UK coaches were/are better fitted out?

Think about the LT RM and the RMC.

I'd comment on speed capability too - except that I can remember being
in an RM with a standard transmission doing close on 70mph, albeit not
in public service.

Ah, the RMC's and RCL's, out of Romford on the 721/722, remember them
well. They were always 'coaches' in LT parlance of the time, but they
were based on buses.

The definitions I have always employed are that buses are used for short
distance stage carriage work, and are fitted to a relatively basic
standard, whereas coaches are purpose-built for long-distance travel and
have large luggage lockers and toilets etc. The number of decks is
irrelevant.

--
Ria in Aberdeen