Old September 6th 19, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Northern Line goes south

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 06/09/2019 10:56, tim... wrote:

"David Walters" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 08:44:10 +0100, tim...
wrote:

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote in message

No, the trains do run to a timetable.

Most of us know that

It used to be possible to get a physical copy (I'm beginning to wish
that I
had kept my "collection")

And very possible an online variant, as for busses until they took
those
away (or hid them very well) in favour of just informing people using
the journey planner.

Hid them so well that I had to type "london underground working

would never have occurred to me to add "working timetable"

timetables" into Mr Google's Information Emporium to get them to come up
as the first result.

The Underground Working Timetables are available online:
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publica...ing-timetables

what a confusing format

East and westbound on alternative pages - might very possibly make sense
in printed form, absolutely useless in PDF form

They're for drivers, not for spotters.

Not a spotter, just a customer who's interested in the nominal frequency for
each service

As an example, I caught a Wimbleware train yesterday which was changed en
route to early terminating at HSK, because we were "running late"

I looked at the board when I got off and the next Wimbleware train was in 10
minutes and I thought "if it's a 10 minute frequency then that's late as
well!)

Normies never see them.

Yesterday I was a normal - I was going shopping to a specific shop.

Admittedly, on the way back I detoured via the West London line as I hadn't
done it since before there were intermediate stations.

Why are you channelling Boltar?

I didn't realise that I was (whatever channelling means)

The other fact not mentioned is that when the service restarts all of the
drivers will be in the wrong places, which means they'll be hitting their
legal working hours limit

Yeah I got that.

tim