Old September 8th 19, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Electric Shapps

On 08/09/2019 16:04, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:16:46 on Sun, 8 Sep 2019,
Graeme Wall remarked:
Â*I had an idea they were already considering as far as the M25.

There's a certain amount of resistance to that from communities
insideÂ* the M25 that do not consider themselves part of London.
Â*
Â*There's resistance from a lot of people! (See also colloquial
conflationÂ* of GLA/M25).

The difference being that the Mayor's writ does not extend as far as
peoples perceptions of London.
Â*Those perceptions including "The GLA", "Inside the M25", "Patrolled
byÂ* the Met Police", "with 070 phone numbers", "served by TfL bus
routes"Â* and no doubt other metrics as well.

You left out served by tube trains :-)

Â*So it's a bit fuzzy round the edge, but "M25" is a reasonable and
commonly used approximation.

But still one that people inside but not in London have strong
feelings about.

The strong feelings I've read about are people near the M25, but in GLA,
who think ZEV shouldn't go that far out.

I was thinking of those who object to being regarded as part London in
any circumstances, not just the Total Exclusion Zone.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.