Old June 22nd 04, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Gawnsoft wrote:

In other words, yes and no, but for practical purposes no, unless
the wheels would be locking up. Which they generally don't.

You don't drive in the wet much, do you Guy?

I don't drive much at all these days. And I don't generally drive close
enough to the car in front that I need to brake sharply in the wet or in the
dry.

And, as stated, "the
important capability of ABS is control."

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk