Old September 10th 19, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric Shapps

In message , at 12:48:26 on
Tue, 10 Sep 2019, Recliner remarked:

I was spoilt for a long time by being given brand new company cars
(never met a company prepared to buy a used car) although that often
restricts the choice to something I might not have bought with my own
money.

I always chose my company cars, including the model, colour, options,
etc.

Most companies have policies, which even if they aren't "this model,
whatever colour they have in stock this week", can include parameters
such as insisting on 4+ doors (so customers can be taken out to lunch in
relative comfort), specific makes, and a non-negotiable ceiling price.

I even had an Alfa Romeo once

Sometimes it's possible to play the system, so with the constraint once
of "Any Astra this garage has in stock", I got away with a red GTE.