Old September 10th 19, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Electric Shapps

On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 13:57:30 +0100, David Walters
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 23:32:27 -0000 (UTC), Recliner wrote:
BEVs are most commonly used in urban areas, where their lack of emissions
is a clear benefit, and their short range less of a problem. So I wonder
what proportion of inner city homes have private, off-street parking where
a charger could be installed?

It's certainly lower but then so is car ownership. Apparently 74%
of households in Islington don't have a car and I believe that number
is increasing.

It's obviously better in the suburbs, but I'd still espect a relatively
small number in London.

It's the suburbs where all the car owning households are.

London suburbs have plenty of flats and terrace houses. And the
majority of them have at least one car.