Old September 10th 19, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Electric Shapps

"David Walters" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 23:32:27 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:
BEVs are most commonly used in urban areas, where their lack of emissions
is a clear benefit, and their short range less of a problem. So I wonder
what proportion of inner city homes have private, off-street parking
where
a charger could be installed?

It's certainly lower but then so is car ownership. Apparently 74%
of households in Islington don't have a car and I believe that number
is increasing.

It's obviously better in the suburbs, but I'd still espect a relatively
small number in London.

It's the suburbs where all the car owning households are.

Oh

so I don't see all the resident's spaces outside my window that are
currently empty all filled up at 6pm, then

tim