Old September 10th 19, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Northern Line goes south

Sammi Gray-Jones wrote:
On 10/09/2019 20:21, Recliner wrote:

It's quoted that way for the benefit of ignorant Brits, but what they
actually measure is 0-100 km/h. Many cars are limited to 250 km/h,
described as '155 mph' for ignorant Brits.

I know the length of my British car in metres, and its weight in kg,
because that's how it was quoted when I bought it. And I'm sure the British
engineers who designed it also used metric.

I am not an ignorant *Brit* I think of myself as British, nor am I
ignorant.

'British' is an adjective; what noun do you prefer?

Using the term Brit is to me demeaning, and describing all of
us who still use miles as ignorant is very condescending. I lived in
Germany for three years when working as a contractor for the British
Army, and over there I used kilometres as the standard measurement for
distance, but in this country we still use miles, and long may it continue.

Why? To what benefit?