Old September 14th 19, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Distances from London

In message , at 15:49:30 on Sat, 14
Sep 2019, John Williamson remarked:
On 14/09/2019 12:45, Roland Perry wrote:

(I presume they didn't mean Charing Cross Station, or the replica Cross
in its forecourt).

The official centre of London, from which all mileages are supposedly
measured has been the statue of Charles I in Trafalgar Square for quite
a while now. Presumably, for the pedantic, from the top of his head or
where his body meets the saddle. (Phew! I managed to avoid saying a
rude word. :-) )

That's precisely what we are discussing, but in the absence of any
evidence of who/what made it official (and when).