Old September 15th 19, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Distances from London

On 15/09/2019 13:05, Roland Perry wrote:

I'd still demand a recount. The *far* end of that road is 14.77 miles
from Euston Road (adjacent to the station) not even the buffers,
according to Google maps.

Whichever way it works out, the Union agreed with the management. And a
ten percent increase for the entire time I worked there wouldn't even
buy a decent meal now.

The block is still there, but with a different occupier, and has had a
revamp.

On the west side, presumably. Meridien House? The rest looks too new to
qualify.

Dunno, I remember the entrance and block shape as being more like what
is now the Holiday Inn, and I know that chain have refurbished old
office blocks before. This would also be in line with the council's
plans for the area.

It was a concrete framed building with curtain walls, and they were
designed to have regular facelifts just by hanging new walls on them.
and the interior walls were most emphatically not load bearing. The
frame and lift core were specified to laST a century or more, but when
this was built in the '60s, it was known that fashions in building
appearances and interior layouts changed over time. When I was there, we
had single glazed steel windows and very thin walling between us and the
outside.

Wikilies says that Watford Junction is 17 miles 44 chains from the
buffers at Euston, so they may have been using rail miles, and I
misremembered the accusation about merely being on the wrong side of the
road.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.