Old September 16th 19, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Electric Shapps

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 14:16:50 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:58:27 on
Thu, 12 Sep 2019, David Walters remarked:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:41:59 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:06:22 on Wed,
More of the 'you can't stick anything on the front of your house and the
door has to be grey' kind of covenants.

I've seen door colour restrictions in conservation areas, but nothing as
generic as "anything on front".

I lived in a 2001 build house which didn't allow a change in front door
colour.

Was it in a conservation area,

No.

or on a development with private roads
and a management company?

No.

Street View shows my old door has been replaced and is now a different
colour but the developer has long gone so I expect the covenant isn't
enforceable.

What about covenants for "things on the front", other than satellite
dishes?

Sort of, caravans were banned for example.

It was one house of four. The developer didn't want someone to do
something ugly until they were all sold. After that they weren't very
interested.