Old September 28th 19, 06:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow CC

In message , at 19:24:25 on Fri, 27 Sep
2019, remarked:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:21:23 +0100
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 23/09/2019 20:47, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 23/09/2019 16:32,
wrote:

I used to work near heathrow and the number of people travelling there by
private car was a small percentage of the total. I don't see why
that would

change with a 3rd runway. And my office overlooked one of the parking

pounds
of one of the private parking companies. Anyone who had seen what those

****wits
got up to with their prized possesion would never park at heathrow again.

They should never have gone for a 3rd runway at Heathrow. A second
runway at Gatwick would make far more sense.

Not according to the official Airports Commission, the majority of
passengers or the airlines.

Well, whatever as they say. I would certainly prefer to use Gatwick than
Heathrow any day.

Bit of a PITA to get to unless you live near the airport

Or the M25. The eastern section of which I find much more reliable than
the western.

or the brighton main line.

Which serves Central London with its connections and even direct trains
from counties norf of the river, that latter something which Heathrow
lacks (until Crossrail serves parts of Essex).