Old September 28th 19, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Heathrow CC

On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 13:53:20 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:35:48 on
Sat, 28 Sep 2019, Recliner remarked:

Well, whatever as they say. I would certainly prefer to use Gatwick than
Heathrow any day.

Bit of a PITA to get to unless you live near the airport

Or the M25. The eastern section of which I find much more reliable than
the western.

or the brighton main line.

Which serves Central London with its connections and even direct trains
from counties norf of the river, that latter something which Heathrow
lacks (until Crossrail serves parts of Essex).

That's ignoring the Tube, of course.

Yes, I forgot the inhabitants of Cockfosters, and their fortitude in
getting a tube to Heathrow.

LU have recently converted some corner seats on the 73 stock to being a bit of
fabric over the top of concrete. They must have installed some new underseat
equipment because I can't think of any other good reason to do it.