Old October 2nd 19, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Heathrow CC

On 02/10/2019 10:32, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:21:23 +0100
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 23/09/2019 20:47, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 23/09/2019 16:32, wrote:

I used to work near heathrow and the number of people travelling
there by
private car was a small percentage of the total. I don't see why
that would

change with a 3rd runway. And my office overlooked one of the parking
pounds
of one of the private parking companies. Anyone who had seen what
those
****wits
got up to with their prized possesion would never park at heathrow
again.

They should never have gone for a 3rd runway at Heathrow. A second
runway at Gatwick would make far more sense.

Not according to the official Airports Commission, the majority of
passengers or the airlines.

Well, whatever as they say. I would certainly prefer to use Gatwick than
Heathrow any day.

Bit of a PITA to get to unless you live near the airport or the
brighton main
line.

or anywhere in Central, North and East London for which it is just as
easy to take the tube to Victoria as the Piccadilly all the way to LHR.

It would help those in East London if the Overground connected slightly
better with a train to Gatwick - I think there are once an hour
connections at Norwood Junction, but the National Rail planner generally
seems fairly ignorant of them and doesn't bring them up