Old October 6th 19, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Heathrow CC

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:12:41 on Fri, 4 Oct 2019,
tim... remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:00:30 on Thu, 3 Oct 2019,
tim... remarked:

And moving house to be near a job, especially one like Heathrow,
isn't a walk in the park.

If you already live in a different part of London it is.

Moving further than a sensible commute for the children to get to
their original school is difficult.

so they move school

thousands of children do it every year

it's not impossible

See my reply to David.

Hounslow is not a prime London property location

For a reason. And hence why would people want to move there?

Because if they are in London and can only afford "Hounslow" prices,
they will already be living in an undesirable area of London

Not true. Price reflects convenience as well as posh-ness.

ok

find me a desirable part of London where you can buy a house for 300K

Newbury Park is apparently the cheapest place to live in London (rental).
I don't know what's "wrong" with it for it to be about half the price of
Hounslow.

it's looks about 50K in 300K cheaper (at the bottom of the market) to me.

You can't compare using average prices for an area, they will be skewed by
the type of house available. You have to compare 2 bed terrace with 2 bed
terrace (or whatever).

And in any case if the location is inconvenient it won't be possible to
commute to LHR from it, will it

Oakwood is also allegedly one of the cheapest (on the Piccadilly of
course).

No properties available under 350K

Hounslow had 4 or 5 under 300.

But if you can afford more there are are desirable areas that are
commutable as well

By bus, remember (unless you are looking at only the Heathrow Connect/
Piccadilly Line corridor).

I am making the point that if you already live in London and you move,
you can make a like for like move at your price point and still be in a
area with the same amount of desirableness (or un-desirableness).

You don't have to find an extra 300K because the starting point is 300K
more than where you have come from

People relying on public transport are usually a bit below that price
bracket. Renting, probably (with mobility in public housing severely
restricted).

It's obvious you don't live in London

And you not in West London.

I've lived there in the past. I know what the traffic is like

Remember - this is abut staff travel to Heathrow, and the car versus
public transport. Many of those driving will be coming from outside the
M25 where houses are cheaper and PT impractical.

I've done that as well, and it's an equally awful commute by car

people commute by PT because commuting by car across the city is
impractical

But I'm sure that you knew that

And 300K IS the starting point for housing in London

Average house prices surveyed he

https://media.timeout.com/images/103113857/image.jpg

I doubt very much they those are "average" prices. Some of them are barely
above the price of the lowest property available in the area.

Barking looks pretty cheap.

but is equally undesirable

In West London, Hatton Cross is uncomfortably close to Heathrow! Alperton
is only a tad over £300k.

There's very little housing available at Hatton Cross. And you wouldn't
want to live there :-)