Old October 21st 19, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default London's ULEZ is working

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:20:39 +0100, Robin9
wrote:

So, what we now need to know is would the level of NO2 drop below
the legal limit if Hackney Cab drivers all went over to a hybrid
vehicle.

It's happening anyway, as all new taxis in London are PHEVs. They're
now very common, and are refreshingly quiet, as well as clean.

The second important piece of information is which vehicles and
drivers have now given up coming into central London. Anti-motor car
politicians always assume it's joy-riding motor car enthusiasts making
unnecessary journeys who have been repelled, but what if it's tradesmen
providing essential services who now refuse to serve inner London?

I'd imagine that tradesmen still serve central London, but charge more
to cover the upgrade cost of their vans.

A third detail will not in any circumstances be made public: how do
the new levels of NO2 compare with those prior to London having a
Mayor?

Why do you think they wouldn't be made public? London mayors don't
have any ability to censor reports. Or do you think it's some grand
conspiracy involving Labour, Tory and coalition governments, and
Labour, Tory and independent mayors?

These are national figures going all the way back to 1987:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/796887/Air_Quality_Statistics_in_the_UK_1987_to_2018.pdf

Here's King's College's London series going back to 2008:
https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/london-average-air-quality-levels