Old June 23rd 04, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default New to London - Late night travel advice, please?

"Adam Smith" wrote in message
om...

This is just typical of the situtation in London these days - people

with no
connection to the capital whatsoever are being offered jobs, and

relocating
here,

Non-Londoners in London...heaven forbid!!!

Quite.

and indiginous Londoners are forced further and further out to find
work. It makes no sense at all.

Well, actually it does if locals don't have the required skills.

I know there are people from Suffolk with exactly the same skills as me
doing the same job as me in London as I am doing in Suffolk. And inevitably
getting paid more.

I cry myself to sleep thinking about the bitter irony that is my life
sometimes.

And, yes, Bank to Hangar Lane is perfectly safe at any time, and is a

very
easy commute. Single journey on the central line.

Ahh, you finally got to the point, thanks.

I would, however, like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for
their responses, you've all (ahem ahem, most^:-)^)been really helpful
and have certainly put my mind at rest. I can't wait to move in!!

You know about the notoriously high levels of intolerance to non-Londoners
in the Hangar Lane area, right?

BTN