Old October 22nd 19, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk is offline

Default Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

On 22/10/2019 13:26, David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 10:02:18 -0000 (UTC), Recliner wrote:
Robin9 wrote:

Very interesting so thanks for that. I'm a little surprised that
there are spare train paths for additional trains along that
route. I would have guessed these trains were planned to run
during the night, but as the plan also envisages barges instead
of trains to Fulham, that seems unlikely. I recognise that Crossrail
will reduce the number of trains into Liverpool Street itself, but the
line between Forest Gate and Pudding Mill Lane will see no relief.

It's probably not too hard to find three off-peak paths a day. These are
non-stopping 100 mph trains, so they could use the fast or slow lines.

They seem to have found some:

Trains will leave London Gateway at 0029, 1208 and 1856,
returning from Liverpool Street at 0242, 1421 and 2100. They
will use Platforms 9 and 10.

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/ne...-trial-planned

How are they going to tansfer between train and road vehicle? I didn't
think there was any access for road vehicles to the platforms at
Liverpool Street railway station these days.