Old October 22nd 19, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default C5 Fare Dodgers - question

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 22/10/2019 12:38, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 22/10/2019 12:29, tim... wrote:
Did others see this?

Not that you need to have done to answer my question

The program appeared to show the roving RPIs/Police Offices had real
time access to the CCTV inside a specific bus (that they weren't riding
on).

Do they really have that capability?

Or was this just post editing of the program to pretend that they did?

You've just answered your question.

Real time access to onboard CCTV *is* possible, if the right equipment is
fitted.

Fitted where?

on the bus,

in the control room

in the RPI's equipment?

It's rare, though. The company I used to work in CCTV for had it fitted to
a limited number of buses, and the police had mobile receiving equipment
in a following car/van.

It seemed from the rest of the program that onboard CCTV is retrospectively
available via the control room servers.

So, is that, saved "live"? Which would be a bit of an overkill for hundreds
of busses and what, 7 or 8 cameras per bus. Or uploaded at the end of turn
(the bus, not the driver).

tim