Old October 23rd 19, 09:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

wrote in message
On 23/10/2019 08:08, tim... wrote:

"Anna Noyd-Dryver" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Anna Noyd-Dryver" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

And. of course, they will only deliver the bottom pallet of a stack

How high do you think they’ll be stacked within a train carriage?

more than one

The pallets I’ve seen on supermarket shop floors are stacked to about 6
feet high and wrapped in shrink wrap. I didn’t realise 769s had 12 foot
internal headroom...

from personal experience:

you wouldn't want to be moving around a 6 foot high stack with a hand
driven thingy

you need the item to be no higher than you can reasonably see over the
top

Tell that to Asda. Our local one has been re-fitted with their extra high
shelves and I'm forever being asked to reach items from the top one.

That's a bit different from trying to push and steer a few hundredweight of
pallet around the store, isn't it?

As an aside, the 2.5 tonnes that (we have been told) these things can move
is never going to be likely in a manual loaded environment. With a 20 kg
personal lifting limit that's 100+ boxes per load.

Manually loading 100 boxes onto a single pallet repeatedly, just ain't gonna
happen

tim