Old October 23rd 19, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default C5 Fare Dodgers - question

In message , at 07:41:34 on Wed, 23 Oct
2019, remarked:

I wonder if dashcams storing low/uncompressed video is so it can accurately
capture very fast movement - eg just before an accident - which most video
compression systems are not particularly good at.

I think it's because they don't want to have the silicon|dollars|power
budget of compressing the video. They externalise it to users having to
buy stupidly big SD cards.

My previous dashcam gobbled through 1.2GB for each ten minute file.