Old October 24th 19, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default C5 Fare Dodgers - question

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:41:10 on Thu, 24 Oct
2019, Recliner remarked:

In all my many cameras and lenses, the aperture blades are between the lens
glass elements. But a small, cheap lens like this may have a fixed
aperture, with sensitivity controlled electronically.

It's much better after-dark than I was expecting. Quite an impressive
dynamic range.

I also assume there's no image stabilisation in such a cheap model.

That would require extra processing power.

My PC-based editing software will do image stabilisation
post-processing, but to some extent the "wobble", or perhaps lack of, as
the car goes over the level crossing [at 30.0mph] in that video is part
of the experience I'm trying to capture.

I think small, cheap cameras have no moving parts, so no optical IS, no
mechanical shutter, no aperture blades, no lens cover, fixed focus and no
optical zoom. More expensive dash cams might include some of these 'luxury
features'.