Old October 25th 19, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default C5 Fare Dodgers - question

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:08:18 on Thu, 24 Oct 2019,
Graeme Wall remarked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4aHaSyBHvE
(Rail-related content)

Nice view of the sky, you need to pan the camera down a bit to see more
of the road.
If I pan it down much, then you get a great view of the bonnet.

Always a problem with those things.

The vertical wide angle is a consequence of the horizontal wide angle.
An alternative would be to letter-box crop the video.
I agree I don't think I've quite got the compromise completely right.

Does it actually have much in the way of adjustment or is it a ratchet
type arrangement where you pick the least worst spot?

There are ratchet points, but somewhat a hostage to the fortune of the
rake of the windscreen.

for me the problem was that, as I had overnight on-street parking, I didn't
want to leave it in place when parked in case some scrote broke in just to
steal the cam, so every time I went out I had to guess the correct place to
put it

And I'd be left will a bill to replace the window that's probably 3 or 4
times the value of the cam

tim