Old October 25th 19, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default C5 Fare Dodgers - question

In message , at 14:45:36 on Fri, 25 Oct
2019, tim... remarked:

Nice view of the sky, you need to pan the camera down a bit to see
more of the road.
If I pan it down much, then you get a great view of the bonnet.

Always a problem with those things.

The vertical wide angle is a consequence of the horizontal wide
angle. An alternative would be to letter-box crop the video.
I agree I don't think I've quite got the compromise completely right.

Does it actually have much in the way of adjustment or is it a
ratchet type arrangement where you pick the least worst spot?

There are ratchet points, but somewhat a hostage to the fortune of
the rake of the windscreen.

for me the problem was that, as I had overnight on-street parking, I
didn't want to leave it in place when parked in case some scrote broke
in just to steal the cam, so every time I went out I had to guess the
correct place to put it

I leave the suction cup and stalk on the windscreen, and the camera just
clips to that. Very reliably/repeatably. If I had to adjust it daily it
would drive me potty.

And I'd be left will a bill to replace the window that's probably 3 or
4 times the value of the cam