Old June 23rd 04, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

In message , "Just zis Guy, you know?"
writes
It is a commonly held view, and it is responsible for risk
compensation behaviour which means that overall what advantage there is
is consumed as a performance benefit. As ever.

This is like saying "replace the airbag with a six inch steel spike."
the driver will be much more careful, though I not sure any safer.
--
Clive