Old July 24th 03, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crew changes (was East Finchley)

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

There was a good example of a badly managed crew change at Earl's Court
(District) at 10:25 this morning (Sunday). An Ealing Broadway-High
Street Kensington train arrived at Platform 1 at the same time as a
Wimbledon-Edgware Road train arrived at Platform 2. The High Street
train had the green signal, but it was due for a crew change and the new
driver wasn't there.

[more details snipped]

What I don't understand is why the crew change wasn't taking place at High
St anyway. And why are there Ealing-High St services? I got caught by one
on my way from Heathrow to St James Park the other Monday.

--
Colin Rosenstiel