Old June 23rd 04, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Clive wrote:

It is a commonly held view, and it is responsible for risk
compensation behaviour which means that overall what advantage there
is is consumed as a performance benefit. As ever.

This is like saying "replace the airbag with a six inch steel spike."
the driver will be much more careful, though I not sure any safer.

It's more like telling someone a helmet will Save Their Life [tm]

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk