Old November 2nd 19, 12:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

wrote:
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 01:44:29 +0000
wrote:
On 02/11/2019 01:15, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do

equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much higher quality

product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the lorry
arranged in rows. Thats not a supermarket, its a distribution centre.

They used to be a bit like that with poor lighting to boot, but at least
the tills and staff were very fast
and Waitrose Woman and Muddling Man stayed out of the places as they felt
intimidated by the need to move items back into the trolley and do packing
into their bags on the shelf provided.
And where else could you nip in somewhere with a free car park to to buy
something to eat and end up walking out with a welder, or as a mate of mine
did while we helped move him into a house, Nipped out to Aldi to get us
something to eat. “thought you’d want something hot” So he bought some pies
etc and a Microwave to heat them with.

Unfortunately they have gone up market as they have been discovered and the
packing on the shelf habit is waning , I think they were at their best
about 10 years ago when they stopped looking like shop in the third world
and got some lighting and some shelves in but prices were still a bargain.

Now with the latest refurbishments they look much like any other
supermarket, unfortunately prices are not the bargain they once were though
some of the offers of interesting bits can still be keenly priced.
That the longer established names can beat them sometimes onitems is as
much them having to match some of their prices to keep market share.

If you haven’t ventured into an updated one you would not know but if you
have and still think it looks like a distribution centre ask someone to
look and see if they have some of their paint on offer and guide you to it,
its quite good stuff and the most common colour is white . Buy some and
paint a stick with it.

GH