Old June 24th 04, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Adrian wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

It's more like telling someone a helmet will Save Their Life [tm]

True.
Very similar, also, to saying that religiously sticking to a speed
lower than some arbitrary number on the side of the road is safer
than setting a speed based on the conditions.

I wonder who would do such a thing? I advocate a speed based on the
conditions and not more than the maximum of the posted limit, myself.

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk