Old November 16th 19, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Heathrow Express slashes fares (so it says!)

Basil Jet wrote:
On 15/11/2019 14:24, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , Basil Jet
writes
On 09/11/2019 17:09, wrote:
Well until we see a crossrail timetable there's no way to tell, but
having
commuted all the way to hatton cross and back each day for 9 months
on that
line I would be very surprised if it was the same end to end. It is
utterly
hopeless especially in the rush hour - it literally crawls through
west london
and only once past hammersmith does it reach anything approaching a
reasonable
speed. And then there'd usually be some pointless delay at Acton. I
actually
terminated the contract early because I couldn't stand it any longer,
almost
2 hours each way door to door on a bad day (which was most of them).

I find the Picc unbearably deep, so by the time I've reached Barons
Court (westbound) I'm standing by the door gasping for fresh air. No
other tunnel affects me like that, not even the Chunnel.

I thought the Northern Line Edgware Branch was deepest. I know when I
used to travel via Hampstead/Golders Green my ears used to pop.

I thinks it's the duration spent at deep level which causes my drowning
feeling. It's only if I go all the way from Bounds Green or so to Barons
Court that it happens.

The Northern and Victorua line tunnels are longer, of course, but perhaps
you don't travel through them?