Old November 21st 19, 04:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Scott Scott is offline

Default Jobsworth driver

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 14:36:41 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

I was sitting in a Great Northern train at Finsbury Park this afternoon when
a Thameslink train pulled in and a couple of women ran out to catch our train.
Now a normal person in the cab would have waited for them to get on, but no,
not the one in our train - he shut the doors in their faces.

So either:
A) He wasn't monitoring the platforms when he shut the doors or
B) He's a complete jobsworth tit and waiting 5 seconds beyond the booked leaving
time was Not On.

Either way it was a pretty obnoxious thing to do. Luckily ****s like him seem
to be rarer these days.

In the old days, did some guards on London Underground not perfect a
technique where if a passenger tried to block the doors with a
briefcase it was possible to open and shut the doors so as to leave
the briefcase on the train and the passenger on the platform?