Old November 22nd 19, 12:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Jobsworth driver

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:36:56 GMT
lid (AnthonyL) wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 14:36:41 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

I was sitting in a Great Northern train at Finsbury Park this afternoon when
a Thameslink train pulled in and a couple of women ran out to catch our train.

Now a normal person in the cab would have waited for them to get on, but no,
not the one in our train - he shut the doors in their faces.

So either:
A) He wasn't monitoring the platforms when he shut the doors or
B) He's a complete jobsworth tit and waiting 5 seconds beyond the booked

leaving
time was Not On.

Either way it was a pretty obnoxious thing to do. Luckily ****s like him seem
to be rarer these days.

Many Nottingham NET tram drivers have the same bad habit, maybe they
are wannabee train drivers.

Happens on the tube occasionally too. Last time it happened to me I just
shoved the door back open until myself and a couple of other people had got on.
Whether it would work with the doors on a mainline train I don't know.